About the Education Committee
The ACM SIGGRAPH Education Committee sponsors a variety of projects and activities involving volunteers from around the world.
ACM SIGGRAPH is the ACM Special Interest Group for Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques. The ACM SIGGRAPH Education Committee works to support Computer Graphics education as well as the use of Computer Graphics in education. "Computer Graphics" education encompasses technical, creative, and developmental studies in curricular areas ranging from computer science to digital arts. The Education Committee undertakes a broad range of projects and activities in support of the CG education community, such as curriculum studies, resources for educators, and SIGGRAPH conference-related activities. This work is accomplished by dedicated volunteers from around the world. The Education Committee continually seeks motivated volunteers willing to offer their ideas and their time in service to their community.
ACM SIGGRAPH Education Committee Goals
- To encourage and facilitate efforts that connect education communities, better the educational process, and trigger innovation and creativity.
- To support projects and activities that further educational development in the field, and evaluate these projects to ensure they meet the needs of the educator and learner.
- To provide global online resources for educators that help to define a knowledge base for the discipline, to identify curriculum and core competencies, and to provide innovative learning tools and pedagogy.
- To offer a resource structure to enable future educators to continue in the development of the field.
Committee Structure and Membership
- 2013 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2012 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2011 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2010 Annual Report and SpaceTime Catalog
- 2009 Annual Report and SpaceTime Catalog
- 2008 Annual Report and SpaceTime Catalog
- 2007 Annual Report and SpaceTime Catalog
- 2006 Catalog