Joint activities with Eurographics
We have had several joint activities with Eurographics, the European computer graphics association. These include:
- EUROGRAPHICS 2009 / Education Track in Munich, March 30-April 3, 2009
Calls for Education Papers and an Education Workshop are open!!
- EUROGRAPHICS 2008 / Education Track in Crete, Greece, April 4-18, 2008
Co-chairs: Steve Cunningham, USA, and Lars Kjelldahl, Sweden
More info on Education Papers at Eurographics 2008
- EUROGRAPHICS 2007 / Education Track in Prague, Czech Republic, September 3-7, 2007
Co-chairs: Petr Felkel, Czech Republic, and Isabel Navazo, Spain
More info on Education Papers at Eurographics 2007
- EUROGRAPHICS 2006 / Workshop on Computer Graphics Education (CGE) 06 in Vienna, Austria, September 2006
Workshop co-chairs: Jean-Jacques Bourdin, University of Paris France, Steve Cunningham, Grinnell College, USA, Marta Fairén, Polytechnic University of Catalunya, Spain.
More info on CGE06
- CGE04 in Hangzhou, China, June 2004
Several reports from the CGE04 workshop
- CGE02 in Bristol, UK, July 2002
Program chair: Joaquim Jorge, co-hosted by Alan Chalmers and Steve Cunningham (US)
More info on CGE02
list of accepted papers (CGE02)
Call for papers
- 2002 Botswana Workshop on Teaching Computer Graphics
Presented with the collaboration of ACM SIGGRAPH, Eurographics, and AFRIGRAPH
More info on the 2002 Botswana Workshop
- GVE'99 in Coimbra
hosted by Jose Carlos Teixeira.
The Report on GVE '99
- GVE II, held in Oslo, Norway, September, 1994
organized by Lars Kjelldahl (Sweden) and Jose Carlos Teixeira (Portugal)
- Graphics and Visualization (GVE) Workshop in Barcelona, 1993
organized by Scott Owen (US) and Ken Brodlie (UK))
- Computer Graphics & Education Conference in Barcelona in 1991
organized by Steve Cunningham (US), Ken Brodlie (UK), Roger Hubbold (UK), and Jose Encarnacao (Germany)
These efforts have led to the establishment of a Eurographics Working Group in Education (EWGE). The EWGE and the Education Committee are in the process of establishing joint curriculum and resource projects. One of these is to get more Eurographics participation in our SPACE exhibit and to display SPACE at both the SIGGRAPH and Eurographics conferences.
The latest joint project is CGEMS - Computer Graphics Educational Materials Source, a peer-reviewed resource meant to spread educational excellence in CG-related fields.
Gitta Domik (domik [at] uni-paderborn.de)
ACM SIGGRAPH Education Committee’s European Representative
Department of Computer Science, University of Paderborn, Germany