ACM SIGGRAPH Distinguished Artist Award
ACM SIGGRAPH announces: The Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement in Digital Art
The Distinguished Artist Award is awarded annually to an artist who has created a substantial and important body of work that significantly advances aesthetic content in the field of digital art.
Nominations are due by December 1, 2008, sent to Cynthia Beth Rubin <http://www.siggraph.org/gen-info/contact.php?default=Arts%20Award%20Chair>, the Awards chair, and should include:
- Name(s) of the individual(s) being nominated (address and/or phone number and/or email address are also appreciated).
- References to websites with the artist's works and/or texts are most helpful (multiple references are welcome).
- Nominator's name, address, telephone number, fax number, and email address.
- A statement by the nominator describing the significance of the artist's contributions according to the following criteria:
(1) The Artist has been contributing internationally to the digital arts for more than Twenty (20) years.
(2) The Artist has produced important work(s) that is(are) referenced in digital art history/theory papers/books.
(3) The Artist has established an unexplored area in the field of digital art/media art.
(4) The Artist has been advancing the use of digital technologies in creative expression.
(5) The Artist has contributed to the history and/or theory and/or practice of digital art through writing and presentations.