CfP: Eurographics 2014 - Education Track
Eurographics is seeking high quality, original contributions for conference presentation and publication in the Eurographics 2014 education track - Submission deadline: 23:59GMT, Friday, January 3rd 2014
This year the scope of the education track includes:
- Papers and panels on topics in education in computer graphics and computer graphics in education;
- Tips and Techniques: borrowing from one of the most lively features of the SIGCSE conference, we invite short presentations of effective teaching tips and techniques for focused computer graphics course content; and
- Outstanding student projects: we invite instructors to present outstanding student computer graphics projects and describe the course context for them.
Education Track Papers should give significant new insight or experience that increases student learning and that instructors can take into the classroom or lab. Proposals for Panels should state the problem to be discussed and include a short statement from proposed panelists. Notes on Teaching Tips & Techniques should describe proven concrete ways to engage student interest or present difficult topics. Notes on Outstanding Student Projects should describe the learning context for the project and show how the student brought individual creativity to the work.
Eurographics invites submissions related to, but not limited to, the following topics:
- teaching computer graphics in various curricula, including computer science, engineering, and the arts;
- designing curricula for computer graphics and related disciplines (e.g., image processing, computer vision, computer animation and video games);
- promoting undergraduate research in computer graphics;
- creating educational programs combining computer graphics with other disciplines;
- exploiting visual tools and techniques to teach in other disciplines;
- teaching the mathematical foundations of computer graphics and related disciplines.
Anonymous submissions of up to 8 pages for education papers or up to 2 pages for notes on teaching tips & techniques or outstanding student projects need to be formatted according to the Eurographics Author's guidelines. Electronic submission details: https://srmv2.eg.org/COMFy/Conference/EG_2014EDU
For any question concerning education paper submissions please contact the education programme co-chairs: email@example.com
Submission deadline: 23:59GMT, Friday, January 3rd 2014
Notification of review results: 29th January 2014
Education Papers Co-Chairs:
Jean-Jacques Bourdin, Université Paris 8, France
Joaquim Jorge, Universidade Técnica de Lisboa, Portugal
Eike Anderson, Bournemouth University, UK