Computer Science Educational Resources Project
We are currently working on the following projects:
- Building a repository of syllabi for introductory computer science graphics courses, tailored to fit the needs of various students and the constraints of university resources.
- Identifying a set of most-commonly taught concepts in introductory courses.
- Maintaining a list of teaching resources for various topics commonly taught in graphics classes.
- Establishing a list of sources and review of graphics software that available at no cost.
- Encouraging the submission of papers, panels, workshops on issues of interest to computer science graphics educators.
All interested educators are invited to participate. Current possibilities include
- a "syllabus survey" of introductory graphics courses
- developing teaching material (images, demonstrations, interactive tools) to support selected topics in an introductory course
- identifying and evaluating free or low-cost software for use in the classroom, laboratory or in completing homework.
If any of these topics appeal to you, please contact Lew Hitchner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assoc. Prof. Lewis E. Hitchner
Computer Science Dept.
California Polytechnic State Univ.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407