Call for Prints
SIGGRAPH 20010 SpaceTime Print Exhibition
Students will be expected to print, frame, and ship their work to and from the exhibition.
Each accepted entry for the exhibition will be reproduced in a digital full color catalog. The catalog will be available online for a free download on http://education.siggraph.org/
- The international jury committee consists of seven members
- The juror selection process is through internet only and all elections are based on the image submitted by applicants
We will only accept works submitted by the artist. Works submitted by instructors or assistants will not be included. However, we expect that adults will supervise submissions for students under the age of 18 with age appropriate guidance.
Applications and Time Lines
All applications and images are required to be submitted through the sis system
- Entry forms must include artists’ information, artwork title, media, size and creation date. Each applicant can submit up to 3 works to be considered for the exhibition
- Each entry must have a brief artist’s statement (maximum 250 words) and a brief technical statement (maximum 150 words)
- All submissions must include a publishable image: Tiff format 1500X1200 or 4X5 inches at 300 ppi
All submissions must include an image suitable for the online jury: Max 1220 x 860 at 72 ppi jpg
All submissions must include an image for the Second Life exhibition: 1024 pixels for the largest dimension, RGB, 72 ppi, JPG.
- You must have written authorization for any copyrighted imagery used. (Attach a copy of authorization to your entry)
- Works submitted should not have been exhibited at SIGGRAPH before.
- Works submitted for jurying should not be more than two of years old.
- Deadline for receiving submissions: May 8th, 2010
- Deadline for delivering artwork: TBD
- Notification by June 15, 2010
- Please submit work and fill out the online submission form which will soon be available at: the SIGGRAPH Information System
Accepted artists are responsible for the following:
- A guarantee that the contributor is legally authorized to submit the materials for publication and presentation.
- Accepted posters and prints must be professionally prepared, framed and ready to be hung, otherwise it may be omitted from the exhibition. We will not print any posters or prints.
- Final acceptance of any artwork is reliant upon the level of quality of the delivered work.
- Submit all required forms for registration, shipping, insurance, etc. by the due dates.
- Two-way shipping is required to and from the Los Angeles Convention Center. SIGGRAPH 2010 is not responsible for shipping charges and damage; we would recommend that you purchase shipping insurance.
- In addition to the work for the SIGGRAPH exhibition, all accepted artists are required to submit an A3 size (11.7” x 16.5”--297 x 420 mm) reproduction print of their work. These prints will be used for the traveling exhibition, which will take place after the SIGGRAPH conference.
For more information, please contact:
Curator, SpaceTime Student Print Competition